Forum and debate: “Innovation in mass passenger transport”
19th May 2021
At this meeting, different stakeholders from the public and private sector met to analyse progress in terms of innovation in transport. They all presented different innovation projects in mass passenger transport within a context of sustainable mobility in cities. They went on to debate the challenges faced by the territories to adapt to the new trends in mobility and the opportunities they offer to foster innovation in the sector.
- Andrés Galnares, CEO of H2SITE
- Luciano Strucchi y Elizabeth Obediente, Project and Product Managers at Iomob
- Borja Olazabal Toro, Councilor for Sustainable Development, Mobility and Sports. Irun City Council.
- Antoni Poveda Zapata, Mayor of Sant Joan Despí and Transportation and Mobility Vice-Presidente of the Barcelona Metropolitan Area (AMB).
- Rocío Báguena, Director of the Division for Transport Studies and Technologies (MITMA).
Host: Alfonso Gil, Deputy Mayor and Councillor for Mobility and Sustainability at Bilbao City Council.
Moderator: Pilar Elejoste, DeustoTech Deputy Director and researcher at DSM (Deusto Smart Mobility) Group.
2nd Anniversary of the Declaration of Bilbao
23rd February 2021
February 2021 was the second anniversary of the first edition of SUM Bilbao and the signing of the Declaration of Bilbao, a document in which public and private stakeholders undertake to act in favour of sustainable urban mobility. The path travelled over the past two years was weighed up during the event and the dates of the next edition of SUM Bilbao were announced: 6th and 7th October 2021.
- Juan Mari Aburto, Mayor of Bilbao
- Emiliano López Atxurra, President of Petronor
- Gorka Martínez, Managing Director of BBK
- Abel Caballero, Mayor of Vigo and President of FEMP (Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces)
- Gorka Urtaran, Mayor of Vitoria-Gasteiz and Chairman of EUDEL
- Francisco Iglesias Campos, CEO of Alsa
- Rafael Sterling, CEO of Irizar
Presenter: Vanessa Sánchez, Journalist